Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Best Ever Crock Pot Tortilla Soup

Oh.... my.... goodness.... I have stumbled upon the best Crock Pot Tortilla Soup recipe I have ever tasted. Let me tell you my family and I can eat this at least once a week... and the leftovers usually get eaten as well. My husband doesn't even particularly like soups... but he loves this one. Plus this recipe is so easy to make and is easy for working momma's.  For the life of me I cannot find where I got this recipe .. I guess one of my random nights of looking up fast and easy recipes for my little family.



Crock Pot Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
3 cups of chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (I use three or four cooked chicken breasts)
1/2 onion
1 cup frozen corn
2 green onions
28 oz can of tomatoes and juice
1 cup chopped up veggies that you have on hand (optional, I buy a can of black beans and rinse and drain)
4 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste

Directions:
Dump everything (even if frozen) into crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6 hours. 30 minutes prior to serving, take out chicken breasts (if this is what you have used) and shred, replace back in crock pot and let cook for another 30 minutes. Then ready to serve. 


3 comments:

  1. I love crock pot recipes. They are so great. Just dump it in the crock pot and go, and tortilla soup tastes so great.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah sigh I'm never going to get got up you guys keep giving me recipes to try out. Love the blog found you through that friday hop following you now on bloglovin. I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I love how easy it is... plus full of protein :-)

    ReplyDelete