Friday, August 9, 2013

Lovely Tips

So I have seen multiple pins and ideas on how to clean your makeup brushes.  There are many solutions that you can buy to clean them from any drugstore, but I wanted something that would clean them without having to buy something.  So I went on the hunt for a good cleaning solution that would not cost, and I found this awesome blog post about how to clean your makeup brushes.  You can see the original post here that gives her instructions.

Needless to say when I woke up this morning after putting on my makeup and seeing my hideous makeup brushes... I decided today is the day.  This solution worked great! They are nice and clean now and do not even have the vinegar smell, which I was worried about.

Ingredients Needed:

1 cup of warm-hot water
1 tablespoon of blue Dawn Dish soap ( I had the green apple dawn, worked just as well)
1 tablespoon of vinegar


Brushes Before


Solution before cleaning brushes


Solution after cleaning brushes (eeeww gross). I repeated this step as needed.


Clean and pretty makeup brushes. 

Needless to say I am going to keep this pin on my pinterest page so that I can look it up and clean these bad boys out every once in a while.  Check out my Pinterest Page for more great tips on home cleaning and organization and many other awesome things. 

Many thanks to Lisa at lewisvillelove.blogspot for her awesome solution to clean my makeup brushes. 









No comments:

Post a Comment