Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thrifty Thursday's #3 - Coupons!!



If you are not already doing coupons then like I've said before you are missing out... that's free money (well almost free money).  They do take a little work and time, but well worth it in the end. I absolutely L O V E handing my handful of coupons to the cashier when it's time to check out. It makes me feel like I am contributing something besides all the housework, cooking, cleaning, etc...

I am sure you have heard of Coupons.com for getting to print out extra coupons. They are the regular manufacturer coupons, but they sometimes have different savings, as well as you can get multiples this way.
Basically for using this site all you have to do is download a coupon printer so that you can print the coupons. I always double check here before I go to the store to make sure that I have all the coupons I can possibly use. 

Another way to save is checking the actual store's website to see if they have their own coupons that you can use in addition to the manufacturer coupon.  Target's coupons are available here, these are Target coupons so they can be used in conjunction with regular manufacturer coupons plus this awesome new thing that I have just recently found called Cartwheel by Target. You can check that out here.  This allows even more savings by taking a percentage off of certain items. All you have to do is select which items you want to buy, and print out or let the cashier scan the bar code on your smart phone. This can save you up to 15% or more on some items.

It makes me feel really accomplished when I get to use three different types of savings on one item when I check out. WOO HOO! Go me. :-) 

Hope these posts are helping you find new ways to save money.  Do you have any ways that you can add to save money? 

No comments:

Post a Comment