Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday Toddler Tales - How to beat the heat with your toddler


This tuesday is all about beating the heat with your toddler. What are ways you beat the heat and yet still find awesomely fun activities to do with your toddler?? I know at our house if my toddler wants to do anything fun outside and it's hot... that means it has to include water of some sort.  Here in NWA we have had a lot of rain over the past month, which is very strange for August.  Not that we are complaining or anything.  So needless to say it hasn't been dreadfully H O T as it usually is here in Arkansas.  

Even still with all of that rain we have managed to now jump back into the almost triple digits on the heat index. Even though things are nice and pretty and green, we are now experiencing the dreaded H E A T.  

We have some water parks (if that's what you want to call them) around the area that are not too expensive to attend... but during this summer and being pregnant... I choose to not try these alone with my very rambunctious toddler.  So we played things outside that way pregnant mom could maintain a level of non-craziness. 

This is something that I have been wanting to do, I even bought a tarp and we were going to put it up at CWB's birthday party a couple of weekends ago, but since mommy bought the wrong size of tarp... we didn't get to try this awesome idea out. Check it out here on Pinterest.  Or you can go directly to the site that has an awesome tutorial on how to make this giant outdoor water bed here.  Thanks to My Frugal Adventures for this great tutorial. 

Needless to say I haven't made it yet... but I will soon! It just looks like so much fun!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow I would have never thought about this but going to have to give it a try. We tried a pool and I am not sure what we did wrong but it is a pretty sorry sight. This project I just might be able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes pools are fun but a pain. This is less messy too! I can't wait to try it. Hope it works well for you.

    ReplyDelete